Nominations open November 15th and are open through February 25th every year.
Note: The nomination form will be open until 6pm. Don’t wait until 5:59pm to hit the submit button, you risk losing out.
CJSF Advisers are encouraged to nominate one or two 7th or 8th grade CJSF members for the Marian Huhn Memorial Award.
Get started – Identify one or two 7th and 8th grade CJSF members you want to nominate and find out if they will be able to attend the Region Conference in the Spring. Check the Calendar for the dates. All nominees must attend your region conference and participate in the Huhn Award Workshop. Once you have established that they will be able to attend you can move forward collecting the materials needed for the nomination.
Ask your nominees to provide these materials to you. Give them a due date enough in advance to allow yourself time to make the nomination deadline.
- Parent contact information including telephone, email and mailing address.
- Service & Awards (PDF or Word) – This is a single document (not limited to one page) with the following category headings. List items using bullet points. Include degree and length of involvement. Only list items that have occurred in 7th & 8th grade but include previous years if activity has continued into 7th & 8th (eg. played AYSO soccer from 3rd grade to present).
– CJSF Service & Activities
– Academic Awards & Activities
– School Service & Activities
– Community Service & Activities
- Nominee’s Personal Statement (PDF or Word) – One typed page double-spaced, signed by the nominee. The Personal Statement should give the selection committee insight into the nominee’s character, interests, hobbies, and goals for the future. Do not include photographs.
- Publicity Release form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Write the CJSF Adviser Letter (PDF or Word) – One page letter signed by the advisor. This letter should help the committee to gain insight into the nominee’s intellectual and emotional maturity, reaction to criticism and disappointment, leadership capacity or organizational skills, sense of humor, integrity, concern for others, willingness to serve, and creativity. Support generalities with specific anecdotal evidence whenever possible. The committee will already be familiar with the nominee’s academic and activity records.
- Gather all of the nomination materials in a folder on your computer. The nomination form requires four files to be uploaded when completing the nomination form. Only Word and PDF files are acceptable.
Name these files as follows:
– Nominee Service & Awards: nominee_last_name-service | Example: tyler-service.pdf or Tyler-service.docx
– Nominee Personal Statement: nominee_last_name-personal | Example: tyler-personal.pdf or Tyler-personal.docx
– Nominee Adviser’s Letter of Recommendation: nominee_last_name-adviser | Example: tyler-adviser.pdf or Tyler-adviser.docx
– Nominee Publicity Release Form: nominee_last_name-release | Example: tyler-release.pdf or Tyler-release.docx
- Complete the nomination form and upload the documents one at a time. Nomination form: https://csf-cjsf.org/cjsf-awards/