Mailing Address: Central Office 28241 Crown Valley Parkway, Ste F 201 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
The California Scholarship Federation, Inc., has had adviser and student conferences since the 1920s. Refer to HISTORY for a summary of the changes to conferences through the years.
Currently, five conferences are held each spring, one in each of the five regions, usually in the March and April timeframe. Locations in each region vary since the conferences are hosted by one of the CSF and/or CJSF chapters. Dates are determined each year by the State Board in conjunction with the host schools.
Activities at each of the five conferences include:
- Introductions of the ten regional finalists for the Seymour Memorial Award
- Introductions of the CJSF Marian Huhn Award regional nominees
- Announcements of the recipients for these awards
- Workshops for advisers and student members
- CSF and CJSF Adviser meetings
- and on occasion, keynote speakers
Themes, format, cost of registration, workshop offerings, and other details are determined by the hosting school(s).
In the fall, there may be an Advisers’ Convention and Student Leadership Conference or another event such as an advisers’ (only) workshop, both of which are hosted by the State Board of Directors. Like the spring conferences, there are workshops for students and advisers, and in the case of adviser (only) workshops, there are sessions designed to assist advisers to be more effective leaders of their chapters.
Information about these events are communicated via email blasts from Central Office to all chapters, included in newsletters, and are posted on the website Calendar.
2020 Regional Conference dates have been set as follows.
- March 14, 2020 | South - Esperanza High School - Anaheim
- March 21, 2020 | South Central - Schurr High School, Montebello
- March 28, 2020 | Central - Sierra Pacific High School, Hanford
- April 4, 2020 | North - Sutter Union High School, Sutter
- April 18, 2020 | Central Coast - Monte Vista Christian School - Watsonville