Scholarship. Character. Leadership. Service.
Mailing Address: Central Office 28241 Crown Valley Parkway, Ste F 201 Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
The California Scholarship Federation, Inc., has had adviser and student conferences since the 1920s.
Currently, five conferences are held each Spring, one in each of the five regions, usually in March and April. Locations in each region vary depending on the location of the host CSF/CJSF chapters. Dates are determined each year by the State Board in conjunction with the host schools.
Activities at each of the five conferences include:
- Introductions of the ten regional finalists for the Seymour Memorial Award
- Introductions of the CJSF Marian Huhn Award regional nominees
- Announcements of the recipients for these awards
- Workshops for advisers and student members
- CSF and CJSF Adviser meetings
- and on occasion, keynote speakers
- The region Seymour Award Interview and Huhn Award Workshop are held on the same day.
Themes, format, cost of registration, workshop offerings, and other details are determined by the hosting school(s).
In the fall, there is an Advisers’ Conference and mid-winter a Student Leadership Conference, both of which are hosted by the State Board of Directors. Like the region conferences, there are workshops for students and advisers, and in the case of adviser only workshops, there are sessions to provide resources to assist advisers to be more effective leaders of their chapters.
Information about these events is communicated via email blasts from Central Office to all chapters, included in newsletters, and are posted on the website Calendar.
Special Opportunities – Host a Spring Region Conference
Hosting a Spring Region Conference is a great way to support CSF/CJSF and for you and your members to get involved in the greater CSF/CJSF experience by meeting advisers and members from other chapters in your region. You may want to consider co-hosting with a nearby CSF/CJSF chapter to share the responsibilities.
Looking further ahead? Click here for future Spring Conference dates to see what works for your chapter and school.
If you and your chapter are interested in knowing more, check out the Spring Conferences handbook. Please contact your region VP or President-Elect Brian Dull for more information email@example.com
REGION CONFERENCES – Spring 2022-2023
- March 11 – Central Region- Seymour and Huhn Awards only
- March 18 – Central Coast Region- Seymour and Huhn Awards only
- March 25 – South Central Region at Golden Valley High School, Santa Clarita | View map
- April 1 – South Region- Seymour and Huhn Awards only
- April 15 – North Region- Seymour and Huhn Awards only
LOOKING AHEAD TO FUTURE REGION CONFERENCES
Contact your region VP or President-Elect Brian Dull for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 9
- March 16
- March 23
- April 6
- April 12-13 – South
- March 8
- March 15
- March 22
- March 29
- April 4-5 – North
- March 14
- March 21
- March 28
- April 11
- April 17-18 – South