RECOGNIZE CSF SENIOR SEALBEARERS FOR THEIR ACADEMIC AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
Nominations open January 1, 2021.
Seymour nominations will be open through February 18, 2021.
Advisers of CSF chapters in good standing may nominate one or two Senior Sealbearer members for this award. The chapter must have CSF Course Lists I, II and III approved by the Registrar for the current school year, and state dues must be received for the current school year prior to submission of the Seymour application.
Get ready to nominate.
- Make a list of the students you believe most closely meet the requirements (see https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ for details). You may nominate 2 Sealbearers for the Seymour Award.
- Notify your top choices and verify they are able to participate in the mandatory virtual Seymour interview at for your region (view Calendar). For this academic year the conferences will be online.
Then ask them to provide the necessary documents for the nomination form.
Give them a deadline at least several weeks before the award nomination period closes so that you are not rushed.
- Prepare nomination materials.
You will need to write a letter for your nominee(s). Think about what you will say about each candidate. (See https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ ELIGIBILITY tab for details)
In addition to your letter your nominees must provide you with the following information and materials:
- Student contact information: Mailing address, phone, non-school email address.
- Additional nomination materials:
High school transcript
List of activities
Community letter of recommendation
Publicity Release form
- Complete the nomination form and upload the required documents here.
* Make sure you have your chapter number and region correct! Look up your chapter number and region here.
* Please help us process nominations efficiently by properly naming files for upload – checkout PREPARING FILES FOR UPLOAD tab.
The file names should begin with the last name of your nominee. Example: cordova-transcript.pdf.
The nomination forms require passwords which were provided to advisers in a recent email. Email email@example.com if you need the password.
Thank you for taking the time to nominate!