RECOGNIZE CSF SEALBEARERS FOR THEIR ACADEMIC AND SERVICE EXCELLENCE.
Nominations open January 1st every year.
Seymour nominations are open through February 18th every year.
Note: The nomination form is open until 6pm. If you wait until 5:59pm to hit the submit button you risk losing out.
Advisers of CSF chapters in good standing may nominate one or two Sealbearers for this award. The chapter must have CSF Course Lists I, II and III approved by the Registrar for the current school year, and state dues must be received for the current school year prior to submission of the Seymour application. Check your chapter status using the reports on CSF Resources >CSF Active Chapters Annual Requirements.
Get ready to nominate.
- Make a list of the students you believe most closely meet the requirements (see https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ for details). You may nominate 2 Sealbearers for the Seymour Awards.
- Notify your candidates and verify they are able to participate in the mandatory in-person Seymour interview at for your region (view Calendar).
Ask your candidates to provide the necessary documents for the nomination form.
Give them a deadline at least several weeks before the award nomination period closes so that you are not rushed.
- Prepare nomination materials.
You will need to write a letter for your nominee(s). Think about what you will say about each candidate. (See https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/ ELIGIBILITY tab for details)
In addition to your letter your nominees must provide you with the following information and materials:
- Student contact information: Mailing address, phone, non-school email address.
- Nomination materials needed:
High school transcript
List of activities
Adviser letter of recommendation
Community letter of recommendation
Publicity Release form
- Complete the nomination form and upload the required documents here.
* Make sure you have your chapter number and region correct! Look up your chapter number and region here.
* Please help us process nominations efficiently by properly naming files for upload – checkout PREPARING FILES FOR UPLOAD tab.
The file names should begin with the last name of your nominee. Example: cordova-transcript.pdf.
The nomination forms require passwords which were provided to advisers in the Fall President’s Bulleting, and a recent email.
Email email@example.com if you need the password.
Thank you for taking the time to nominate an outstanding Sealbearer!