Checklist for Principal of CSF Chapter
Thank you for supporting your CSF chapter and helping us honor outstanding academic students who serve in their community and are involved in the oldest statewide honor society. California Scholarship Federation was started by a vice-principal, Charles Francis Seymour in 1921. The members of the CSF Board of Directors are all volunteers who are or have been in education. Before the school year begins, select an enthusiastic adviser who is interested in working with amazing students and helping others serve. Often a staff member may have been in CSF.
- Recognize Adviser: Please recognize the CSF adviser for taking on this responsibility during a staff meeting.
- Membership Application Drive: At the start of each semester, the adviser needs to publicize the dates for CSF membership/application drive (according to the Bylaws, sometime within the first four weeks).
- Publicize Membership Roster: Each semester, after the adviser approves eligible CSF students, encourage the adviser to list all CSF members who are in CSF for the semester in your local newspaper or school website. Being in CSF is an honor and a prestigious accomplishment to be celebrated whenever possible.
- Chapter Dues: In November, encourage your adviser to submit chapter dues to Central Office. Pay Dues
- Award Nominations: In February, check to see if your adviser is going to nominate one or two worthy candidates for the Seymour Memorial Award. A $2,000.00 check is given to ten finalists in your region and an additional $3,000 is given to the recipient of the Seymour Memorial Award. More info about Awards
- CSF Pins: Before May, check with your adviser to see if the required CSF lamp pin for all Sealbearers was purchased. Purchase pins
- Verify CSF Sealbearers for transcripts: In May/June, check with the Registrar to post CSF Sealbearer status and CSF membership on the transcripts.
- Recognize CSF Sealbearers: Establish a policy that allows CSF Sealbearer students to be recognized during graduation.
- Get answers online: When in doubt, please read Article IV of the CSF Bylaws to help answer any CSF chapter question.
- Get help from CSF: The Central Office is available to support your adviser and you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any issues with parents may be forwarded to the CSF Central Office.
- CSF Awards and Products: The one and only approved vendor for CSF Awards and products is www.csfbalfour.com. The CSF organization receives royalties that go directly for student awards. Please do not send checks for product to Central Office. Please review our Trademark Policy.
- Get more involved: If you would like to get more involved in CSF please contact the Central Office. We are always looking for new people to serve in various statewide positions.