CONGRATULATIONS 2019-20 CJSF DIGIOVANNA ESSAY AWARD RECIPIENTS!
The CJSF essay contest is in memory of Joanna DiGiovanna, long-time CJSF adviser and CSF/CJSF Board Member. Joanna was a very dedicated teacher and CJSF adviser at Piute Middle School in Lancaster. She was passionate about CJSF.
Stefania Sesock, Chapter 1307 Ridgeview Middle School; Adviser Jessica Malmsten; Principal Mike Yates
Rachel Baek, Chapter 1284 Dartmouth Middle School; Adviser Crissy Campbell; Principal Randy Martino
Dylan Churilo, Chapter 1255 (Wilma) Cavitt Junior High School; Adviser Shannon Laurin; Principal Jennifer Platt
Andrew Chung, Chapter 1178 Day Creek Intermediate School; Adviser Yvette Schemenauer; Principal David Apodaca
Couleene Echiverri, Chapter 485 Calle Mayor Middle School; Adviser Kim. Lee; Principal David Mosley
In honor of long-time CJSF adviser/CSF-CJSF Board Member Joanna DiGiovanna, we are pleased to award one CJSF student from each CSF/CJSF region this year.
- North Region Finalist: Chloe Alchin, Chapter 158 – Bidwell Junior High School
- Central Finalist: Charlene Dixon, Chapter 547 – St. Joachim School
- South: Caitlyn DeJesus, Chapter 961 – Oak Middle School
- Central Coast: Jayden Kim, Chapter 1284 – Dartmouth Middle School
- South Central: Jinal Dungrani, Chapter 257 – Sierra Vista Junior High School
Congratulations to Ciera Sesock, Ridgeview Middle School, Visalia. And many thanks to CJSF Adviser Jessica Malmsten for the time and effort she gives to CJSF.