Congratulations South Central Region Seymour Award Recipient Isabella Blanco and Fellow Finalists
Seymour South Central Region 2019 Recipient Isabella Blanco, Santa Maria High School Chapter 6, Adviser Shelly Springer is pictured with Finalists.
- Ramzey Issa, North High School Chapter 545, Adviser Lynnette Wallters
- Faith Chong Ernest Righetti High School Chapter 729, Adviser Jennifer Dolan
- Sonia Cervantes Ernest Righetti High School Chapter 729, Adviser Jennifer Dolan
- Desirae Barragan Channel Islands High School Chapter 796, Adviser Terrie Romines
- Haley Gunther Santa Clarita Christian School Chapter 1213, Adviser Debbie Brenner
- Crystal Lee West Ranch High School Chapter 1299, Adviser Laura Solarez
- Anna Urrea St. Monica Academy Chapter 1395, Adviser Jacqueline Halpin
- Natasha Johnson St. Monica Academy Chapter 1395, Adviser Jacqueline Halpin
- Nicholas Agtual New West Charter Chapter 1475, Adviser Mark Estanislao
The Seymour Memorial Awards were established to honor both Charles F. Seymour and his devoted wife, Marian H. Seymour, who together supplied the inspiration and leadership which fostered the California Scholarship Federation. The very first award of $25 was presented to Seymour Award recipient Elizabeth Murphy (O’Neil) of Fresno High School in 1936. Each year, 50 finalists receive awards of $2,000 each, and five of these (one per region) each receive an additional $3,000 as the regional award recipient. The Seymour Award is regarded as one of the highest scholastic honors given to high school students in the state of California.