The Outstanding Sealbearer Award was established in 2015 to recognize graduating Life Members who demonstrate great effort and motivation, have great potential but are overlooked in other awards, and need financial assistance to achieve. Five students are recognized, one in each region. Advisers of CSF chapters in good standing may nominate one candidate, and a committee of Board members selects one recipient for each region.
Advisers may nominate a student online here: https://csf-cjsf.org/csf-awards/. Nomination deadline: March 1, 2018 at midnight.
CSF Outstanding Sealbearer Award: $1,000 each (one per region; 5 total in state)
Sealbearers were nominated by their advisers, and a committee of board members selected one recipient from each region. Each recipient received a check for $1,000 and a certificate to be presented to the student at the advisers’ discretion. Congratulations to the students, to the advisers of students awardees, and thank you to all advisers for your nominations.
- North Region Recipient: Alma Morales, Napa HS, Adviser Ana Andrilla
- South Central Region Recipient: Glendy Gonzalez, Sun Valley Magnet School, Adviser Crystal Vythu Lu
- Central Region Recipient: Daisy Gonzalez, Redwood HS, Adviser Georgette Cheatwood
- Central Coast Region Recipient : Leslie Carrillo Lorenzo, Mountain View HS, Adviser David Campbell
- South Region Recipient: Violeta Vega, Samueli Academy, Adviser Crystal Ho