CSF is proud to announce a new award for which CSF advisers can recommend one Sealbearer per chapter for consideration.
(Note: This is not to be confused with the Seymour Memorial Award)
CRITERIA: A deserving Sealbearer who
- demonstrates very high potential.
- exhibits exceptional motivation and effort.
- may be limited by personal or financial limitations/obligations in extracurricular activity participation.
- exemplifies CSF motto, “Scholarship for Service,” even if it is limited to school.
- may be overlooked in other awards and scholarships.
- can greatly benefit from financial assistance.
AWARD: $1,000 for each regional recipient (5 CSF Sealbearer Award recipients in California)
- Submittal of online application
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation justifying nomination. Anecdotes encouraged; details and examples of how student meets the criteria, including financial need. Double-spaced. Maximum two pages. Submit as an attachment as prompted by the online application.
- Adviser Letter of Recommendation
- Classroom teacher or counselor or community member (cannot be a relative)
DUE DATE: March 1st, 2016
Student award recipients and advisers will be notified by April 1st, 2016, by the CSF/CJSF President by phone or email. All other student nominees will receive letters of regret by email notification.
Adviser may determine how the award will be presented: (1) mailed to the adviser for presentation to the student (e.g., at a meeting or senior awards or school event); or (2) presented to the student at his/her regional conference (unfortunately, the South conference date will not work within the timeframe established).
Central: April 9, 2016 at Hanford HS in Hanford
North: April 16, 2016 at Folsom HS in Folsom
South Central: April 16, 2016 at Oxnard HS in Oxnard
Central Coast: April 23, 2016 at Archbishop Mitty HS in San Jose
QUESTIONS? Send email to: email@example.com