Originally called the CSF Sealbearer Award in 2016, the title has been changed to “CSF Outstanding Sealbearer Award” for its second year. (Note: This is not to be confused with the Seymour Memorial Award)
The nominee is an adviser-recommended student who meets the following CRITERIA:
- is a Life Member (Sealbearer);
- needs financial assistance to achieve post-secondary goals;
- is overlooked in other awards;
- is driven and hard-working; and
- has identified post-secondary goals.
- is not a Seymour nominee
The award is for $1,000 to be presented in the spring to five students in the state, one student from each of the five regions.
An adviser from a chapter in good standing (state dues paid) may nominate one student (one per chapter) via the application portal.
The application must be accompanied by two letters, typed, double-spaced, not-to-exceed two pages:
- Adviser letter addressing each of the above six criteria
- Community letter (outside of school, not from a relative; must also address the criteria above)
DUE DATE: March 7th, 2017
Student award recipients and advisers will be notified by April 1st, 2017.
Award will be in the form of a check mailed to the adviser of the student selected for that region. It is the adviser’s discretion on how the presentation to the student is made.
QUESTIONS? Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org